favourite chocolate bar?

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

running for the westing game

In the last 48 hours I have been busy whipping through one of the best (and only!) mystery books I've ever read - its name ? The Westing Game written by esteemed author Ellen Ruskin who has ,incidentally also written the Tattooed Potato and other Clues ,which sounds ... intriguing ,and judging by The Westing Game it would be. The Westing Game is so funny and spooky and thrilling that it kept me spell bound, literally , I mean I haven't had such a good read since I read the 3rd Skullduggery Pleasant. The Westing Game has also won the Newberry medal for most distinguished contribution to American literature for children , does that tell you anything ? !!!! , We got our copy from the op shop so run don't walk to your nearest op shop , if it's not open browse the net , do whatever it takes to get your hands on this delicious slice of entertainment featuring Turtle, Crow, Sandy ,J.J.Ford and S.Pulaski as they answer the clues and solve the riddle ,and (quoted from front flap) "there was a winner , but which one won ? " - I suggest that you find the next 2 hours finding out . Until next time peoples -Arwen

1 comment:

  1. Great review Arwen! I feel like running out to get the book right now. I do like the sound of Tattooed Potato & Other Clues as well, it's agreat title. Let me know if you read that one too. G-code

    ReplyDelete